Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ingracious Gratitude



This past month I've seen a lot of posts on the internet about being thankful.

This is appropriate and expected since tomorrow is Thanksgiving and it's refreshing to see so many of my friends and acquaintances expressing their gratitude for the things they have been blessed with and hold dear.

It's also very revealing.

Not about others and the stuff they post and post about.

About me.

I know of one person in particular who faces a daily struggle just to have some semblance of normalcy in their life. Health issues dominate their life choices and the uncertainty of what specifically and how severe their struggle will affect their day must be a dreadful prison at times.

This person chooses to LIVE. They choose to FIGHT. Some days they achieve victory, other days they must experience what feels like defeat. Regardless of the outcome, the next day comes and they FIGHT again.

Today, someone reminded me of how "lucky" I am. They are 100% right. I am still on this planet due to either Divine Providence or sheer luck, depending on the perspective of the observer.

Either way, I should be thankful that inspite of a multitude of bad choices and the consequences they bring, I have so much to be thankful for instead of biting the hand that feeds me.

Time to say "Thank You".

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Everyday I am blessed with is a good day, and I am very thankful. Thank you Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete