Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

"Spoiled Rotten" or "Too Good To Be True"


 "Even though you're evil, you know how to give good gifts to your children. So how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him?" ~Matt 7.11 GWT

I just picked Westyn up from school - he's in the 7th grade.  This is something that I try to do every chance I get, which is not very often.  One thing I noticed while I watched the middle-schoolers getting into their parent's cars was the common look of disdain at having to interact with them.  The body-language which said, "you're lucky I don't dis-own you as my mom/dad."  Typical adolescent behavior I suppose -  but I can't help but wonder, is it bred or learned?  When Westyn got into the car with the same attitude, I had to ask myself: "are we (parents) to blame?"

Nothing bothers me more than to think my kids are going without something they need.  The idea of them going to bed hungry is banned from my options for bed-time as Traci can attest.  They've milked it more than once just to stay up a few minutes longer than usual.  I work lots of hours to see that their needs are met and that most of what they want is only a "badgering Dad" away. 

Who could blame them for learning how to manipulate the old man into getting what they surely must deserve? Sheesh, I must be an easy mark....

Wait, hold on a minute.  

Now that I think about it, how many of us behave the same way toward God most of the time?  We short-change Him in time and ability and He keeps loving and providing for us without reservation. 

Only difference?

He's Not At Fault.

I'm thinking maybe it's time we got out of middle-school.

It's time to grow up.

Thank you God for Loving Us, I know I dont deserve it...

No comments:

Post a Comment