Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Public Enemy #1










"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." ~1 Peter 5.8
"So place yourselves under God's authority. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you." ~James 4.7 
"So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing." ~1Cor 9.26

In my younger days, I practiced grappling and kick-boxing as a "man-sport".  No headgear, no "play-fighting" just the blood and guts "good stuff".  A great way to alleviate stress and stay in shape even though I left sore, bloody and bruised most days. 

One of the most valuable lessons I learned was that I could make good hits in spite of the 20/400 vision I've been blessed with.  Yep, no glasses in the ring.  One of the first things my instructor told (yelled at) me was "if you can't see, then hit the blur in front of you!".


Sounds funny now and I still grin every time I think about that one, but there is a lot of truth for living in that simple premise.

Most of the time anger, frustration and other negative thoughts and emotions blind me to who my true enemy is.  Most of the time I rely on knee-jerk, overkill responses to "fix" most problems I face.


God has clearly shown in His Word where the true source of the battle lies and "who" is my sworn enemy.  Fundamentally, I understand and believe this to be true, but need the occasional reminder to submit my will to God's will and strike back with focus, determination and follow-through.


Time to "hit the blur"...


No comments:

Post a Comment